Gratitude
31st January 2015
Eco-warrior
10th February 2015

So Cold

Crashing Waves There is still no snow here, unlike there was in the hills from my yesterday’s post. It was so very cold today though and blowing a screaming hoolie. I walked down to the Sunday market which is held the harbour but there were no stalls. I think they had either blown out to sea or not set up for fear of doing just that.

I could hear the sea was a-ragin.’ so I wandered to the end of the pier to take a look. I didn’t have my camera with me so went home, had a cup of tea to warm myself up and then strolled back to take some shots of the waves.

Sorry, I know  this scene is familiar as you’ve seen it plenty of times before, but today the waves made it special.

crashing-2

The tide was coming in and I had to bid a retreat from this vantage point fairly quickly because, although my camera is weather sealed, I don’t think it would enjoy being hit with a blast of icy sea water. (And neither would I!)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

1. storki says:

I never tire of this view – I always love your photos of this vantage point.

2. Lois Svejda says:

Beautiful! There is something magical in the way the waves are captured as they roar against the rockets and breakers.

One of my favorite spots of yours. I love how you capture all of the moods of this place! I can almost feel those angry frigid waters…it’s giving me the chills (and I have the chills already)! lol Awesome, awesome images! I never tire of these!

😀 We’ve been having some wild weather of late and I love it! I very nearly did feel the waves when that one in the last image hit. (I wasn’t going to post that, but it made a point.) Glad you like them.

4. Madelaine says:

Simply wonderful Ivor….the colors, the details, the textures in the water…..love them all!

5. Lorri Sweeney says:

Stunning photos! My favorite is the middle one – I like the motion caught in the spray behind the lighthouse.

6. Julie says:

Beautiful series and I especially love the first one. I hope everyone is clicking to see these in their larger format – they detail and clarity is remarkable.

7. I can hear those waves…great captures!

8. bfcphotos says:

It doesn’t matter if one has seen a place many times before when the place is dramatic or evocative. I can’t count how many times I’ve posted photos of Paper Goods Pond. John & I were just at an exhibit at the New Britain Museum of American Art that was a collection of painted of the New England shore and sea. The two things that struck me about many of them were the light and the way they captured detail and movement at the same time. That’s what you’ve done here.

9. Ivor says:

The top one was the best one for me too. (The last one I just added for humour!) Thanks for the nice comment,